Coming November marks the 7th Year of the 3-day 2 night’s Margaret River Gourmet Escape. This is one of the extraordinary festivals of food and wine happening in the West of Australia. Nigella Lawson, the popular celebrity food writer and TV personality will be back again to host you on this wonderful journey (Check out her events: HERE).
Joining her would be our Singapore’s acclaimed chefs Julien Royer (Odette of 2 Michelin Star) and Jake Kellie (Burnt Ends of 1 Michelin Star). You shall also see the rest of the chefs and wine experts who willing be there hosting over events in more than 25 unique and breathtaking locations.
Some of the other returning stars include crowd-favourites Rick andJack Stein, Tetsuya Wakuda, Julien Royer, Ashley Palmer-Watts, Jo Barrett, Mitch Orr and Guy Grossi. There also are a few of the International stars visiting the festival for the first time include Skye Gyngell (Spring, UK), Monica Galetti (Mere, UK), Niki Nakayama (n/naka, USA), Edgar Núñez (SUD 777, Mexico), Rosio Sánchez (Hija de Sanchez, Denmark) and James Lowe (Lyle’s, UK).
Check out the New Events that is Going to Happen:
- Amelia Park Spring Harvest Dinner: bringing together Skye Gyngell, Danielle Alvarez and Blair Allen to celebrate the incredible local produce and seasonal cooking philosophy shared by all three chefs.
- Chow’s Table Chinese Feast: showcasing three young guns of modern Chinese cooking for one high-energy evening of food, drink and story-telling.
- Nigella’s Tea Party at Howard Park: serving flutes of sparkling wine and locally baked treats as Lawson talk candidly about life, television and cake.
- Julien’s Domain: a memorable dinner that celebrates time, place, great ingredients and the magic that happens when east meats (south)west.
- Caves Road Cantina at Black Brewing Co: combining two of the world’s most accomplished Mexican chefs who will serve up a snack party of Mexican delicacies using amazing local produce, washed down with local brews.
- Smith & Daughters 90’s Trattoria Dinner: transforming Wise Vineyard Restaurant into a vegan Italian trattoria
- Fishtales with Rick Stein at Wills Domain: providing food for thought and seafood delights.
Other iconic and much-loved events including the Gourmet Beach BBQ, Feast in the Forest, Sunset Beats & Bites, Fraser Gallop Estate Long Lunch, Dining by Twilight at Margaret River’s Secret Garden and the Gourmet Village at Leeuwin Estate will also be returning to this year’s program.
From Outdoor by the River or The Beach BBQ to You Experiencing Some of the Exquisite Fine Cuisines in Town.
The heartbeat of the festival is the Gourmet Village, set on the stunning grounds of Leeuwin Estate Winery. Over the weekend of Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 November (11am to 6pm), the Gourmet Village will be food and wine central with more than 120 artisan food producers, winemakers and brewers from around Western Australia, alongside visiting chefs and wine experts.
Guests can enjoy cooking demonstrations at the Chef’s Amphitheatre, hear intimate panel discussions at Consuming Conversations and enjoy live music. Children will have the chance to get their hands dirty, with kids cooking classes that will teach positive food habits through fun and interactive workshops. Tickets start at $40 with various packages available.
~Enjoy Sipping Your Favourite Wines All Over~
Prestigious Cape Mentelle International Cabernet Tasting and Long Lunch with commentary by Sarah Ahmed (Friday 16 November), the Cullen Chardonnay Tasting & Lunch, with lunch by Tetsuya Wakuda (Saturday 17 November), and the annual Leeuwin Art Series Dinner (Friday 16 November). Vasse Felix, Arimia Estate, Cape Lodge, Yarri Restaurant and Fermoy Estate will also be joining the party in 2018, hosting distinct and unforgettable food and wine events over the weekend’s program of events.
This year’s new programme comprises of The Little Kitchen Garden that teaches children – and mums and dads – about the importance of food and community. Time to have some family bond together!!
For Full Programme & Purchase of Tickets Please Visit: Margaret River Gourmet Escape 2018
Mark Your Calendar: 16 – 18 November
We Shall See You There!!